The main diseases for which patients undergo in-patient examination and treatment in the department:
- bronchial asthma,
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and other bronchitis,
- suppurative lung diseases (abscess, etc.),
- pleurisy of various origins,
- tracheobronchial dyskinesia,
- interstitial lung disease.
Also, in the pulmonary department, it is possible to be examined for chronic bronchopulmonary pathology and malignant diseases of the respiratory system.
Employees of the departments of BSMU and BelMAPE conduct consultations on the basis of the department.